Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Michelin Latitude Diamaris tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Carlos Murphy, Jun 28, 2018.

Carlos Murphy

I just bought a 04, X5 4.4i, like new.
    Front tires are worn out 255/50 R19 due to too much air.
    The rear tires 285/45 R19 are like new, I'm told these tires are no longer made.
    What would be a compatible front tire that would not conflict with the rear Michelin Latitude Diamaris tire?

MGarrison

Did you call Tire Rack? They show limited inventory (less than 10), but if they have a couple, possibly best thing would be to have the same-spec rubber all 'round.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=55VR9LD&tab=Sizes

If the rears are over 7 years old and you need the tires to be able to handle inclement weather, it might be worth considering getting new on all 4 corners... unless you'll be swapping out for snows come winter. With a treadwear rating of 220, these are all about grip, not longevity. So, they'll be fun as long as they last; I wouldn't be surprised if you found the rears were down to wear bars before 20k on them.

Potential options (among many) - get 2 more Diamaris, run them 'til one end or the other's gone, then do something like a high-perf. all-season w/ higher treadwear rating, and trade-off grip/handling performance for longevity. If you want maximum flexibility rotating tires front to rear & back for maximizing wear, that would take either dedicated same-size rims to be able to run a square setup, or seeing if the rears can work on the front and sourcing a couple of identical rear rims for a square setup. I wouldn't know fitment, possible the rear's offset wouldn't work for the front. Square setup also dials-out some of the inherent understeer from narrower front tires.

Carlos Murphy

I emailed Tire Rack yesterday and all they said was the tires were no longer made.
    I CALLED Tire Rack just now and was told the tires are no longer made BUT they have some fronts in stock which is what I need, they'll be here next Monday, $565.00 shipped the pair.

Thanx for the info MGarrison
    MGarrison likes this.