Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

mechanic suggestions?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by jituji70, Dec 30, 2008.

jituji70

First of all, I like the current place I am at, but I guess even the most faithful eyes wander. Most recently, I've been getting a feeling that I have to really push them to look at certain areas and having to go back multiple times for the same issues. I kept telling them that something was wrong with my suspension, but they told me that everything checked out. Finally after I couldn't take it anymore, they miraculously found a blown shock and worn bushings and replaced them. I asked whether I should replace the springs as well, since I wanted to upgrade to bilsteins and they said no. However, the ride is now too "bouncy" and I feel like I need the springs replaced (which means another alignment=$$). I don't know...the guys are really nice and overall I've been satisfied and I'm sure there isn't a "perfect" mechanic out there, but I thought I'd ask around. I live in Chicago and it would be preferable if the garage was located around Lincoln Park / Downtown area, around public transportation, since I work down there. Thanks for any suggestions.

Autohaus guest

Bimrs.org. Finding a great mechanic who you can trust is a tough task. What BMW model/year/mileage?

jituji70

01,325i,non-sport,step. Was pretty much my wife's that I took over. I had a 89 cinnebar red 635CSI, which was rusted, but a joy to drive...but alas, that was sold for our last stationwagon.

Autohaus guest

:confused::(:mad::eek: I bet you miss that E24.

jituji70

E24 didn't haul any plywood, but did everything else fine.