Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Mechanic near San Carlos, CA?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Bob Stern, Feb 26, 2019.

Bob Stern

Bimmers Independent, San Carlos
    Does anyone have experience with their work? Any other local recommendations?
    My e34 and e38 are old enough that some mechanics could have a field day recommending maintenance exceeding the value of the car, so I'm looking for a mechanic who recommends maintenance judiciously.

Tnx!

charlson89

Bob Stern

Thanks, charlson89, but I do not believe my local Golden Gate chapter has its own discussion forum outside of Facebook. I don’t see any way for non-Facebook members to participate in local chapter discussion.

Specifically, the page you linked to has a link to this chapter finder page:
    https://www.bmwcca.org/chapterfinder

which leads me to the Golden Gate chapter page:
    https://www.bmwcca.org/chapter/golden-gate-chapter

which has links to officers' emails but no discussion forum.

I emailed the officer for my locale within the Golden Gate chapter, and he directed me to their Facebook page.

Bob Stern

In the interest of full disclosure, I should add that I did create a Facebook account under a fake name so I could post my question to Golden Gate chapter members, a few of whom generously replied.

However, I don't think BMWCCA members should be forced to join Facebook to participate in local chapter discussion. I could elaborate on my reasons for vehemently opposing Facebook, but I don’t know whether that would be consistent with BMWCCA forum guidelines.

MGarrison

No need to justify your feelings on FB, it's ok either way. Glad you got some answers, but sorry you had to jump through hoops you rather wouldn't have. I agree it's frustrating to not have alternatives to cover contingencies that are easily anticipated. The forums here, certainly relative to club membership numbers, are pretty lightly trafficked, with just a few regulars, so insight or answers on specific local questions can be sporadic. Maybe something else to try in the future is just a group email to all chapter officers/contacts.

I always find it disappointing these days local news stations in particular always direct viewers to get remaining essential details or info on stories off their website, or app, (or whatever), but, elsewhere, and for no other reason than to drive internet traffic for their apps & website. Pathetic they disregard the reality that not everyone has smart phones, instant internet access, or even the knowledge/skillset to do what they're saying - such lack of circumspection is regrettable. "To find out the date ranges and producers of the milk, water, meats, vegetables, or grains just now found since 2017 to have been contaminated with ebola, hanta virus, or bubonic plague, just download our app or go to our website at Only_All_Ads_Now.com and click on the "You're Still Alive? Really?" tab on our 'Helpful Health Matters' page!"
    e34m591 likes this.

cattaneo11

I would highly recommend Palo Alto Bimmer on Alma St in Palo Alto. Highly respected and outstanding quality work.