Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

maybe OT, but 325e vs 325es

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by mac townsend, Apr 11, 2009.

mac townsend guest

What is the "sport" that distinguishes the es from the e? seats? ??

az3579

It pretty much has all the good options, such as sport seats, 13-button OBC, cruise control, slightly better suspension, front valence, Mtech spoiler in the back. 14" basketweaves are not at all uncommon on an es.

MGarrison

Starting at the nose, the 'es had a unique-to-that-model front spoiler. Similar to the front spoiler on '87 & '88 325is, except it doesn't have the two center-bottom vents because the 'es doesn't have an oil cooler, and the 'i' engines incorporated an oil cooler. Spoiler was painted body color. If I remember correctly, the 'es models did not get unique wheels, as the 'is did w/ the 14" BBS basketweaves. The 'es may have had mirrors painted to match the body color, the 'is definitely did. The 'es got a body-painted trunk-lip spoiler.

As Botond mentioned, outfitted w/ 13-button on-board computer, sport seats, sport suspension w/ shocks, springs, a solid-rubber rear-diff mount (iirc), also iirc, solid rubber control arm bushings. I think the 'es would have had the 3 spoke steering wheel w/ the tri-color M-stripes at the bottom of the center spoke. It also may have had the upgraded stereo w/ tweeters mounted at the base of the door A-pillars and rectangular plate rear speakers. I think all E30's from '85 or '86 on had cruise control standard, possible the 4-cyl's didn't.

az3579

Nope. My '87 doesn't have it. But, I got the part that really matters; the 2.93 LSD. :D
    You'd think my then-$27k car would have something like that... :p

And, forgot to mention; the es received an LSD. Probably a 2.73 or 2.93 LSD.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Nope. (nope)

CRKrieger

You sure about that? I mean, the LSD was an option even on the 535is.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

The E30 es and is did have an LSD, as did the E28 is, but that does not mean you could not get them on the standard models.