Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Mass Air Flow?

Discussion in 'E34 (1989-1995)' started by Stephen King, Dec 30, 2008.

Stephen King guest

I have a 1995 540i and I would like to increase the HP from the stock 282 to 300 or better. Earlier on the Forum it was suggested I should begin by improving my MAF. However, they didn't tell me how. What is involved? Do I replace it? And if I do, does that mean it's just the first step of many expensive steps to increase my performance? As you can tell I am new to BMW and don't have a clue about what I'm doing. HELP!

TeamStowell We love driving!

We went to a Dinan dealer to assist with our 540 sport HP increases. Like most everything else, sales are slow and their prices are discounted until the end of February so you may want to take advantage of the sale. We are considering switching out our 180,000 mile shocks and struts for a fresh set. Think we will feel the difference :p

They can be reached at dinanbmw.com.

TeamStowell We love driving!

I should look before I type... there are limited items available for the 1995, but I have heard you should always call if you are looking for a part for older Bimmers because not everything they have in stock is listed on the web site. Give them a shout, they are very helpful and glad to talk you through any upgrade.

VA_John

Johan guest

For a couple hundred dollars you could install a chip, Mille, EAT and I know there are many others. I believe it will give you the biggest bang for your buck and very simple.
    Johan

Johan guest

For a couple hundred dollars you could install a chip, Miller, EAT and I know there are many others. I believe it will give you the biggest bang for your buck and very simple.
    Johan

e34_spangler

Got a dinan chip in my e34 its great adds hp and lets you rev the piss out of the car