Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Maintenance on my 2004' 325xi

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by jodan, Mar 22, 2008.

jodan guest

I brought in my car for a regular maintenance as per my computer indicator on the dashboard to my BMW dealership, they quoted me for $750 for scheduled 1 maintenance, my car is out of service warranty because I have 52,000 mile on it 7 months ago. I decided to just have them perform a change oil. My question is do I have to do the scheduled 2 maintenance for my next service? And can anyone suggest an independent place to bring my car other than BMW or it's not even worth it.

mjweimer

Jordan,

How long do you plan to keep the car? Maintenance is always worth it unless you plan to trade it in on something else in a month.

Your best bet is to find a good Independent mechanic in your area.

Here is a good website to find a good Indy in your area:

http://www.bimrs.org

If you are a member of the BMWCCA you could always go to your local chapter meeting and as some of the other members where they get their service work done.

Matt

Autohaus guest

Just as Matt said, if you plan on keeping it forever, then bring it to an independant BMW shop. Much cheaper in labor and parts. Ask if they will install customer supplied parts as it will save you money (bavauto.com, bimmerparts.com). Since you are approaching 60,000 miles, I would suggest you change the water pump/thermostat and change the plugs, filters, etc.... Don't forget to order the valve cover gasket (old school maintenance, thanks to Mike Miller).