Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

M850i DCM failure

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by robertson3, Oct 22, 2019.

robertson3

So 3,000 miles on our M850i convertible and the keys stopped working. Taken to dealer: after 6 hours of download to car they determined the BCD needs replaced. Will take 3-5 days just to get the part. Anybody heard of this failure? Must be rare since it takes so long to get the part.

MGarrison

All I could guess is with the model being so new, there are few of any kind of parts in the pipeline stateside. Sorry to hear of your troubles, hopefully that fully addresses the issue. I guess things being what they are anymore, there's little patience to have a new model go through a 2-3 yrs. sorting-out period overseas before bringing it to the U.S., which to whatever degree that's the case, means U.S. customers are subject to such new-model issues.

charlson89

Yes BMW has been having some issues with the BDC modules on the 8 series the x7 and x5. I believe they have been updated. The module is vin specific so that why it takes a few extra days to get. BMW has to do a base programming for your specific car.