Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

M240i 8 speed at the track

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by tgwilburn, Jan 24, 2017.

tgwilburn

Hi all, I joined BMWCCA (Bluegrass Bimmers) so I can attend BMW track events around the country. I currently track a 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera based at my home in Louisville, KY. I'm considering getting an M240i to use for street (95%) and track (5%) for my Naples, FL home. I'm interested in feedback on how the 8 speed automatic does at the track. A bum left knee has relegated me to 2 pedal cars (my 911 is PDK). The M2 is too harsh for daily street use. Many thanks, Ty WIlburn

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums! To your question, I haven't been in one on the track, so can't help you much there. I would tend to think, being an 8 speed, in sport mode, probably reasonably good, all things considered, but you can speculate that just as easily as I can.

You obviously already know you're in Bluegrass Bimmers chapter, hit up the chapter website for local doings, and put your question out on their Facebook group page & see what folks have to say -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/213004217599/

fyi Bluegrass Bimmers/Buckeye/Hoosier chapters will be doing a joint driver's school at NCM in Bowling Green in October, Buckeye will be doing Mid-Ohio in late August, Northern Ohio will do Mid-Ohio memorial day weekend, and Hoosier is usually Putnam in June. Windy City just put out their schedule, Autobahn weekend event in May, + a 1-day Monday Autobahn school at the end of July. Road Atlanta and Barber fire up in the early spring, I think they typically have some events in March or early April. Michigan groups typically have something scheduled @ Grattan in Sept. or Oct. You may already know all that, but, general fyi just in case. :)

charlson89

Welcome to the club and forums! The 8 speeds shifts very well and does have special software in it for the M240 so sport mode is quite fun and spirited.