Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

M Tech 2 steering wheel: Frustration! & Questions

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by stevehecht, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This may be a reprise of an earlier thread, but I am continuing to find it impossible to have the CORRECT M Tech 2 wheel installed in my car. The OEM part # is 222 6086. The guy who sold me the wheel said it needed an adapter ring to fit properly; this metal ring is about 2" in diameter with one beveled edge. Another fellow selling an M Tech 2 wheel on ebay told me it needs a bushing to fit properly.

Two BMW mechanics told me it "didn't fit". (A third mechanic told me today that it's illegal to remove an OE air bag from an car and disable the SRS sensor ("a new law passed last October")).

I hear about these wheels going into E30s all the time and see them advertised all the time for E30s. .I don't get it. OTOH it's probably just stupid to take out the airbag anyway because of safety and insurance concerns (and possible inspection problems). It's a 370mm wheel and I like the size and looks a lot more than the OE.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.