Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Long time owner, first time poster

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Nverlost E39 M5, Jan 2, 2010.

Nverlost E39 M5 guest

Greetings from the frozen tundra that is Kansas City. I'm a long time owner, but am new to the BMWcca courtesy of Santa. I've always cruised the site for various tips but am excited to become more involved with the club.

Currently I have two Bimmers in the barn. My long time friend (affectionately referred to as Beezer) is an E36 325i sedan with over 175K well cared for miles. It still looks and runs brilliantly, and still provides childish grins even on drives to and from the office. My wife adopted Beezer some time ago and would likely have me fired if I tried to upgrade her. Its counterpart is my summer duty E39 M5 with only 42K. The M was my dream car since they day they introduced the E39, and its lived up to its reputation as one of the greatest sport sedans ever built. M gets very little run time in the winter, except for the occasional fire up to get the engine up to temperature.

Looking forward to learning more about the BMWcca here in the Kansas City area, as well as across the country.

Cheers for now,

Greg
    Overland Park, KS

tiFreak

welcome to the club, sounds to me like you could use a new wife :p

John in VA

Nverlost E39 M5 guest

I'm willing to bet a new wife would cost me more than another 335i! If BMW didn't make the 3 so bullet proof, it would probably be easier to convince her a new one would be a good idea. I suppose I should consider myself lucky that she's happy with the old one! Now, the day she wants to move up to the M, is the day we will likely have issues. :D