Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Lapsed Member comes back...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by cwbiii, Apr 16, 2010.

cwbiii guest

I was a member before (10 years ago, well before all this new stuff) but let my membership lapse, joined again, paid for 5 yrs. I love 7's, I have owned 4. The first 2 I bought very used to be my son's first car. Took the time to pass on my knowledge of auto repair to him as part of his first car ownership. The first was a rare 733 with a manual transmission... but it proved to be too full of gremlins to be reliable (250k on the odo) so I found another automatic and this is the one we fixed up as his first car. He is a BMWCCA member too. I still have many of the parts we stripped off of these cars before junking them.
    I put 152k miles on my 1997 740 before I sold it. I now drive a 2006 750... and am keeping my eyes open for a B7 upgrade. I only buy used... preferably certified pre-owned. My son took my 7 to Florida this week on a delayed honeymoon.
    I have to suffer through driving my wife's 2001 330ci with sport suspension package... though it badly needs rear shocks... and that's driving me crazy since I would never let my car get that bad.
    Chuck

az3579

SUFFER? I hope you mean suffer only because of the rear shocks... :(

Welcome back to the club!

*They always come back...* :D

bcweir

Welcome back!

A rear shock replacement DIY sounds like a great excuse to invite some BMWCCA gearheads over to help! Try to round up at least one suspension expert.