Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Keypad dialing

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by rklopp, Jul 14, 2008.

rklopp guest

Any ideas on how to get manual keypad dialing (from the radio buttons) to work for a AT&T Palm Treo 650 paired to my new 2008 328i Sportswagon? Other features seem to work OK (for now), but I cannot get anything to happen when entering 0-9, # or * (like when entering my office voicemail passcode). I can use the keypad on the phone as a workaround, but that's not ideal. I tried putting in a separate speed-dial entry for the passcode, but cannot access the phone book one a call has been initiated.

Thanks!!

Jonathan Spira guest

It's probably not working because you are using an incompatible mobile phone. Despite the fact that other features work, they may not work for long and all functionality will probably not be available.

If you want that feature, I suggest you switch to a phone that we have tested as fully compatible.

rklopp guest

BMW's website listed the Treo 650 as compatible. Oh well. I see an iPhone in my future....

Jonathan Spira guest

Your own experience tells us otherwise. Little details like this are indicative of compatibility problems.