Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Key FOB replacement

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by wingbone, Feb 20, 2011.

wingbone guest

I lost my Key FOB for my 2006 325 bimmer. Does anyone knows where to get one besides the dealer.

cwbiii guest

Fob...

By key fob I'm guessing you mean the BMW logo fob that the dealer gives you when you buy the car... and not the electronic module/key itself.
    If so I'd go back to the dealer and see if they would give you another (gratis).
    Otherwise they sell the official versions in the accessories cabinets... or you can look for one online. I was given one for each key (2) so I can always steal the one from the spare key if I need to. The little nut thingy on the end likes to loosen up and fall of.
    The latest ones they gave me have a keeper that captures the thingy so that it doesn't get lost when this happens. The fob has a return address of my dealership on it so that if the key is is lost and then found they can return it to the rightful owner.

Chuck

BMWCCA1

I'm guessing he meant the actual key remote. When he found out they can cost up to $250 he probably decided to look elsewhere. But because of EWS requirements they have to have a chip and that can only come from the manufacturer.

With the OP having only one post, hard to tell if we'll ever hear about it again.