Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Just out of curiosity...

Discussion in 'Rallying' started by bcweir, Aug 24, 2011.

bcweir

How does MINI even qualify to participate in a WRC event when MINI doesn't even produce a performance all-wheel drive model? Based on the background in the photo, am I understanding the correct event? I can understand traditional manufacturers such as Mitsubishi and Subaru, running their EVO and WRX rally cars respectively. But MINI? Am I reading this right?

CRKrieger

Read the rules.

Read the rules.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/1B72438CF9C8C75CC12578D800508E2E/$FILE/WRC%20Regs&Appx%202011_v2.pdf

or maybe

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/1E02A6245E4C4045C12578A700357B52/$FILE/251%20_11-12_-03.06.2011.pdf

I'm sure it's in there somewhere ...

bcweir

Lmao. Omg.

If you think for one minute I'm going to read through an EIGHTY-FOUR page PDF to get the answer to my question, CR., you really have been spending too much time out in the sun! :)

Thanks but no thanks. Your prior hotheaded responses were far more efficient and far easier on the eyes than reading through an 84 page technical racing rules manual.

Cheers. If the answer's that complicated that it requires 84 pages to explain, I'll skip it, dude. Explaining nuclear physics would have taken less space.

Thanks again.

CRKrieger

Could be worse ...

Consider yourself lucky you didn't ask about SCCA Club Racing, where I'm a Tech Inspector. The General Competition Rules are 689 pages - and updated monthly.

I did quickly scan the WRC stuff. It appears they will admit any manufacturer that ponies up some cash along with a 'proposal'. On top of that, I think they're homologating an AWD Mini for the series. It's based on that big 4-door thing.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Brian! How's it goin', dude?!

Now that the season's over and Mini's been on the podium TWICE, whaddya think?!