Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Jumping on the bandwagon

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by az3579, Apr 8, 2008.

az3579

I'm a relatively new member of the CCA (since December 2006) and am still on my first Bimmer (or first car for that matter). I remember the day I first saw it; an E30 325e in Cinnabar Red was sitting outside in a harsh neigborhood, unused, for sale. I was immediately interested in buying it as my first car, but someone I was with quickly dismissed it, literally judging by its cover [the paint was in very bad shape], saying it was a 'ghetto Bimmer'. He gave it that name because the neighborhood was right next to the ghetto.

Gladly, I didn't listen to him; the car, despite its appearance and large mileage registering 252,051 on the broken clock, ran absolutely perfectly. The suspension was top-notch and the engine barely made any noise when started up. You could barely hear it.

A few months later, after driving it for the first time, I knew I was hooked. My obsession was fueled by the fact that my brother at the time had a pristine E39 540i Sport and I was already in love with that car.

So, that brings me here, to the Club. I didn't even know it existed until a friend of mine, who still owns his E46 323Ci, told me about it. Immediately I joined and have been loving it since.

I'm from Bridgeport, CT. There is barely anyone in the club from here, as I know it. Most of the Connecticut Valley Chapter are in the northern part of CT, up where all the better places are. All of the members and all of the events are up there. I just want you guys not forget 'bout us "southerners"!

Hopefully one day I'll get to meet another CVC member who lives nearby. In the mean time, I will definitely enjoy the wealth of knowledge found on these forums and hope to be learn a lot from you guys and gals.

That was my introduction post, not a novel, in case anyone's wondering. :D

Bill Howard

Welcome to the club. There a lots of stories about people who found great deals on BMWs because the paint looked rough (happens because not everyone has a garage), or the paint's a no longer popular color (eg aubergine - purple) from circa 2000, or because the seller just didn't know the market value.

When I was in the Connecticut Valley Chapter, I was a long way away, too, from the Hartford epicenter, but in northern Massachusetts along the Connecticut River, and it was 60-plus minutes to events. We managed to get a couple events held up in the Springfield/Northamton, Mass., region, and you could get some held inthe I-95 corridor, especially if you round up some other friends who'd also agree to attend (or maybe even help organize).