Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Is there a reason why the February issue of Roundel is still showing one week into March?

Discussion in 'Roundel Magazine' started by bcweir, Mar 6, 2013.

bcweir

Just curious. Strangely enough, I got both my (late) February issue and the March issue on March 1st. March issue came about two weeks earlier than expected.
    • Staff

steven s

Isn't the Feb issue the one we just mailed to you from the office?
    I think it's a localized problem with your post office regarding missing or late issues.
    Copies are shipped at a periodical rate. Not as high of a priority as first class I guess.

bcweir

I received the print copies of the February and March issues and thank you so much! I was talking about the ONLINE version. Not complaining, but up until now, I was always able to read the current issue a couple of weeks before getting the print version in the mail. It's not a complaint, but a practical reason I enjoy the digital version as well is that, unlike the print version, I am able to read the online version on my smartphone, which has a backlit color screen. The online version is easier to read at night and in low light conditions because of the screen's backlight function. For now, I simply have to make sure there's sufficient lighting to read the print version.

drummerfc guest

Stranger! Long time no see/write...how goes it?

bcweir

Doing just fine. How are you doing, Frank?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

It's a tossup. I personally do not care to see a magazine online before it appears in my mailbox, but there are limits. I think it's prepared and posted online as soon as the pallets of print issues leave the printer in Minnesota. So for some people, it's available online about the same time they get their print copies, and for others, it can be up to a couple of weeks.

bcweir

Not a problem. In my seven years of paid membership, it was a bit of a surprise, but again not complaining.