Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Is anybody out there????

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 109941, May 26, 2012.

Is there a lonelier place than the BMWCCA forum?? Helloooo...................

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

A sloooow Saturday night for you, eh?

Everybody is out driving their cars sojmewhere else for the weekend.

MGarrison

And here, I just thought you were reminiscing about Pink Floyd's The Wall! :p
    463758 likes this.
    • Staff

steven s

Took the long weekend to go to Mid-Ohio. :)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Some of us have to WORK for a living! We can't just fritter away our time on---

Oh. Wait.

BMWCCA1

And don't hold your breath waiting for a BMW CCA board member to contribute. Gawd forbid!

Thanks, Steven, for your contributions. (Though I don't know why your status shows "Staff" while Satch's is "Member".)

mrsbee guest

Although I may not bring great distinction to the forum, I might suggest starting a topic that people might actually have some interest in responding to, then see how hopping the joint gets. We all adore our cars and such, but sometimes it just leaves me speechless and have to talk about something else for a tiny bit.

You mean something off topic? Okay,

The big event in my little town this weekend is the classic car meet and "cruise". It's certainly not the National Antique Car show in Hershey, PA, but it's OK for a short walk around town. I just love the folks that have enough chutzpah to enter early 80's AMC products. They are truly special folks.

Sadly, after the car meet, we're back to the caravan of news trucks swarming the County Courthouse for the Jerry Sandusky trial. The traffic congestion would be OK, if the reporters stayed in-town long enough to buy a few meals from our local restaurants.

Any little tidbits in that posting which can be seeds of other discussion?

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

I hear that John Edwards is back out bar hopping in Chapel Hill. :)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

How 'bout them Kings?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

And Tiger Woods is making a comeback---
    Oh. Wait. Never mind...

Hockey in June and played in LA just seems wrong! Where's the challenge of not freezing to death as you walk/stagger home from the rink in sub-zero weather with an excessive BAC?

drummerfc

YES!! Flyers-West! Gagne, Justin Williams, Richards, Carter, John Stevens asst. Coach, Ron Hextall asst. GM, and it was better than the stinkin' Devils winning it again.

Yeah - I'm a bit of a hockey nut...

drummerfc

Hay Hay HAY there now...hockey anywhere, ANYTIME is a good thing. :cool:

"Ohhh, the good ole hockey game...
    it's the best game you can name..."

MGarrison

And now, we'd like to introduce the founder of the Death Valley Hockey League, Mr. Frank aka drummerfc! :p

Flyers west?? The Broad Street Bullies moved to Southern Cal? Is Dave Schultz still alive?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

All right, hockey fans, name the speaker: "Number 23 in yer programs, Number One in yer heart!"

drummerfc

4 of the Kings players (Simon Gagne, Justin Williams, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards), the Kings assistant coach (John Stevens), the Kings assistant GM (Ron Hextall), and the Kings GM (Dean Lombardi) were at one time members of the Flyers' organ-I-zation. Former head coach Terry Murray, fired earlier in the season, was a long time Flyers player and coach. Hence - Flyers West.

Dave Schultz is still very much alive and kicking.

And you thought it was QUIET in here... :p

drummerfc

The only #23 I can think of off the top of me head is Michael Jordan...and I know that's not it 'cause you said "all right, hockey fans".
    • Staff

steven s

When you have some spare time.
    Don't blame me for the title.