Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Ipod hook up for 330Ci 2k5

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by BattoG4, Jul 9, 2008.

BattoG4 guest

Yea so i bought this Ipod interface for my car that is supposed to hookup to the radio so i can use the steering wheel interface and all that good stuff. Problem is I'm not really sure if i need to dig into the actual radio unit to connect it. The instructions are little to no help on installing it and im pissed about that. If i don't, where would i connect the cable it came with? It was made for a BMW, 3 series 4th gen specifically, its from peripheralelectronics.com ISBM72 model no. I'm getting my car taken in for maintenance and Dinan upgrades in a week, but will BMW install this for me? Or should i just return it and buy something directly from BMW if they have it? Thanks Batto-

Jonathan Spira guest

BMW's solution for your car is far from ideal, unfortunately and has extremely limited functionality.

If this really works, allowing direct selection of tracks from the radio, it will be a far better experience than the BMW unit (n.b. for others reading this thread: BMW units for MOST cars are quite good but this is an earlier generation).

I had a Dension ice>Link in my E46 and it worked quite well but you may have trouble finding one used since they haven't been made in a few years.

Hope this is helpful, at least a little.