Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by Crowley, Apr 4, 2008.

Crowley guest

Just introducing myself. I just picked up my Montego Blue 135i about 2 weeks ago. I love the car and it feels great to drive. I haven't gotten this much excitement out of driving a car since I had my 2004 Cobra ..

Anyway .. just introducing myself ..

atrhugo guest

Hi - I'm expecting mine to show up at the dealership on the 10th of May (Maybe - all puns intended ; -). Geez, nice little bunch of 1ADDICTS we got over here.

runfun1 guest

Hi fellow 1addicts! I have just joined BMW CCA for the very first time. Any tips in using this website?

Congratulations and welcome to the club!! The forum here isn't nearly as active as it is on 1ADDICTS but it's really just getting ramped up. I've already seen a dramatic increase in activity just in the last few weeks.

There is a lot of information on the site, it just takes a while to filter through it all.

It's nice to see some of the 1ADDICTS crowd visiting over here too!!

If you're new to the club, the first thing I would suggest is tracking down your local chapter and see what kind of events they have coming up. Having a 1-Series will make you an instant celebrity within the chapter. I took it to the local autocross this weekend and you would have thought it was a new Ferrari Enzo...talk about drawing a crowd!!

AshleighBMW guest

I've had my 1 series for just over a month

It's the 128iCp. Very fun to drive. I just wish there wasn't so much traffic--no room to really drive. I need to go to an autocross or driving school. I only "really drove" it 2 times so far and both times, my heart races, I get this huge adrenaline rush and big smile. The first time I was sort of screaming/laughing. It was crazy. I don't think I could handle much more power than that though. I've never had any formal training. This is my 2nd BMW, but I didn't know about the car club until last month. It's nice to meet all of you. Keep enjoying your driving machines!:D

Ruffstik guest

another fellow 1addict here who is now a member of BMWCCA - local chapter is BadgerBimmer.

New 135 i owner

Hi y'all from S. Texas. I guess I'll be a member of the Tejas chapter. I got my 135 i in July - mainly for track events, so I got the sport and premium packages, active steering and paddle shifters.

I have made a few track events. One DE (high speed driving event), and a couple of autocrosses. Oh Boy - what a rush!! Hurricane IKE cancelled a DE mid September, but we made a one day event in late September. We wore out those runflats on the front - oops! We have DE one scheduled in December. Planning to do an autocross this weekend.

The 135 i has been the 'belle of the ball' at every event I've attended.

If you haven't done a high speed driving event - find one soon!