Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Introducing Ed Mobility

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Ed Mobility, May 18, 2012.

Ed Mobility

Hello, all. New member, but not new to BMW. My first was an old '83 320i I purchased while I was stationed in Germany back in '98. I followed up with an '88 750i and finally purchased a new 2001 E46 325i, which has been my daily driver ever since. Over the years I've done some modest modifications to the car, but nothing serious. I try to do as much DIY maintenance as possible and have gained a significant amount of knowledge just by getting under the hood and getting dirty. I recently became interested in doing more recreational activities such as track, autocross, etc. after spending a week at the Team O'Neil rally school in NH. The course offered some great hands-on training with FWD, AWD and RWD vehicular platforms (guess which was the most fun) with an emphasis on the left-foot braking technique. All this has re-sparked my interest in having fun in my bimmer again. Glad to be here and I'm really looking forward to corresponding and learning with you all.

brucembergeron

Welcome Ed. Glad to hear you have got the "bug". Congratulations on attending Team O'Neil school. I haven't been but I know a few folks who have and they rave about it.

Have you attended any BMWCCA driving events yet? The three I strongly suggest are Advanced Driving School, Autocross, and High Performance Driving School. You can do one a year or twenty, it's completely up to you.

I help with registration at the White Mtn Chapter (NH) of BMWCCA and would be happy getting you more information about our programs. You can also join the Boston Chapter events too. Our next event is June 8th, and if you are interested just let me know. Registration ends June 1st.

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Welcome Ed, from another early e46 325'er!

MGarrison

Welcome to the club, Ed! For a second there I thought your post was going to be about some new BMW feature I hadn't heard about, not knowing that was your name!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Goin' sideways in the dirt is DEFINITELY a feature most people have never heard of, Garrison...

MGarrison

Except for, shall we say, "ambitious" E21 drivers?! :p

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Yeah, but E21 drivers don't always INTEND to get sideways!

MGarrison

Satch sayeth sooth! :D

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Aye, lad. There's few soothier.