Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

INSIDETRACK December 2011: IT WAS A VERY GOOD YEAR: BMW HIGHLIGHTS OF 2011

Discussion in 'BMW NA News' started by BMW NA News, Nov 23, 2011.

BMW NA News guest

LOOKING BACK AT THE NEW AND NEWSWORTHY OF 2011
    >
    > 2011 was filled with “news.” There were new models, new plants – even a new division. Not to mention new technologies and partnerships. Here are some highlights:
    >
    > Models:
    • BMW introduces the all-new 6 Series Convertible and Coupe with available xDrive all-wheel drive, the BMW 1 Series M Coupe and the ActiveE all-electric vehicle.
    • The debut of BMW i – “Born Electric.” This all-new vehicle division will produce the electric i3 and i8.
    Partnerships:
    • As part of its partnership with the U.S. Olympic Team, BMW forms the BMW Performance Team, assisting 11 Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls.
    • BMW Guggenheim Lab kicks off in New York City, encouraging a global dialog on enhancing urban life.
    Manufacturing plants:
    • The expanded Spartanburg, SC, manufacturing plant opens, making all X3, X5 and X6 models for the world.
    • BMW/SGL Group opens a carbon-fiber manufacturing plant in Washington State. This ultra-lightweight – and very expensive – material is produced in large quantities for use in the upcoming BMW i3 and i8.

Download the entire newsletter.

Continue reading...