Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Inset ID for E70

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by nanyappe, Aug 6, 2017.

nanyappe

Hello fellow gear heads: I want to purchase new wheels for my 2013 E70 and can't seem to find the inset dimension. I have searched all over the internet, and even in my manuals and even the stock info on My BMW at the site. I seem to find a range, but no definitive numbers. All four wheels are the same size. Suggestions? Ready to purchase new tires and wheels together. My usual go-to is Discount Tire, but I want to go in informed when I buy. Help?! Thanks!

MGarrison

Look up your vehicle on tirerack.com and shop for wheels for your car, then on the left you can narrow selections by a variety of factors, including offset - that will show the range that should be a safe fit, Tire Rack is typically conservative in their fitment. If you look up your vehicle on realoem.com (simplest is last 7 of your vin), that shows the stock wheels & their specs, including offset (abbreviated "et", which is short for the German word for offset). The Tire Rack's tech section on wheels can relay all the info you need to get up to speed on wheel specs - BMW's are 5x120 bolt pattern, there's only 2-3 different centerbores, so the rest is width, diameter, & offset - offset is not a set number, there's a range that will work for any given wheel width, and offset is related to the width of the wheel.

Tire Rack is a good place to shop for wheels, but you can use the info you glean from their site to aid in shopping from anyplace.

nanyappe

Thanks so much for the info. Now I understand why I can't find a specific number. It's a range! Will get back with results as I want to pull the trigger soon. Thanks, again!

nanyappe

Getting back with you on this. Checked your site (realoem.com) and it gave the exact info I needed. ET/offset reported to be 46 (see attached screen shot). Thanks so much for the help!

Attached Files: