Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Inconsistent Bluetooth connection with Android & G2x

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by greenzee, May 20, 2011.

greenzee guest

Hello all.

I've just migrated from a TMobile Samsung Vibrant to a TMO LG G2x. I find that both have a devil of a time providing a consistent bluetooth connection. Wondering if it's an Android problem, or perhaps something a service call might remedy. Phones pair fine, and sometimes connect right away (upon starting vehicle), but other times they never connect (when paired), or connect initially, then drop the BT connection at some point during the drive.

Wondering if any of you have had the same experience, and if so if there is any solution?

Thanks in advance.

sonicflood guest

I've got an 09' E60 and rarely experience any issues with the bluetooth connection. I have the T-mobile Samsung Vibrant 4G model. It will "lag" behind in uploading the phonebook sometimes but most of the people I call are all stored in the BMW memory as voice dial entries. If my phone rings before I start the car, it only takes two additional rings for the BMW to connect and answer via idrive once I press the start button on the car.

I also have a bluetooth home phone system with 6 extensions throughout my home (Vtech) and it gets confused sometimes upon the release of the cell phone from my E60 in the garage to the home phone connection. It only takes a few seconds to sort it out though.