Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Impressions from the track...

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by Dr Obnxs, Apr 25, 2008.

Dr Obnxs guest

I just got back from a media event at Laguna Seca. Drove the snot out of lots of cars, including a nice little red 135.... While it was a blast to drive, one thing that surprised me is it was hard to get comfortable in the car... This one had a sunroof, and that took away some head space... So I had to lean the seats back so my helmet wasn't hitting the roof all the time.

If you're planning on getting a one series for the track, skip the sunroof.

Matt
    • Staff

steven s

I don't believe that is an option. Or rather, a delete option.

Dr Obnxs guest

That's really too bad....

I didn't have much seat time, but for me it might be a deal breaker. If you are thinking about the car and do some track stuff, take your helmet to see if you fit.

Matt

Xii guest

Good thing I'm short ;)

Bimmerdan

If you do that, you may want to do it at a different dealer than you would actually buy the car from. I could just imagine the reaction from the Service Manager when he sees somebody sitting in the car with a helmet on. Tell me he won't remember THAT the first time you bring the car in for service!!

:D