Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

iDrive - IOS 11 - iPhone pairs but not contacts; Apple and/or BMW

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by dvenneman, Dec 29, 2017.

dvenneman

My iPhone SE w IOS 11 will pair with Blutooth but iDrive will no longer pair phone. I've been to the dealer and it will not pair with original audio serial no. Or 0000 or 1111. Genius says they are aware of many complaints - Apple basically says BMW is responsible to bring existing iDrive into spec w Apple.

Bottom line - owners need to step up and pressure BMW to upgrade software or pressure and assist Apple with IOS patch

I have a 2011 E90.

charlson89

Yes IOS 11 does have some issues. I am unaware of issues with the older vehicles having a problem though mostly been the newer idrive systems. Have you tried doing a hard reset to the phone (possible need a restore) and delete from the vehicle. In your drive menu under settings at the bottom of that menu do you have a software menu? Also does any of your contacts in the phone book have emojis or weird characters?

dvenneman

Tx - not sure what hard reset means but of course I have turned phone off/on and updated its

I have deleted all phones. I have deactivated Bluetooth, deleted all contacts in office and re-activated Bluetooth and attempted to pair phone. As stated I am able to get Bluetooth and phone to connect but n o t the full pairing of contacts to idrive. The result is Bluetooth connectivity without the safety of idrive voice commands, dial, menu, screen functions.

No weird characters. No emojis in contacts.

No longer pairs for music via Bluetooth.

Software version 003.004.031

Tx , WDV

dvenneman

for the benefit of the anyone who reviews this thread, I spoke with BMW Genius and local Genius at Circle BMW in Eatontown, NJ - I have done all of the things to get the phone to pair/contacts to work and we believe this is an Apple iOS 11 problem - we are going to try and make sure that Apple is aware and working on a "patch" for a later iOS version, e.g. 11.2.x

charlson89

Keep us updated on what happens.