Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

I am going to europe for delivery

Discussion in 'European Delivery' started by Tyler, Mar 17, 2008.

Tyler guest

I would like to rent a 535 or 550 for a few days before I pick up my new 550. I will be flying in to Frankfurt so I can do the ring. I can't figure out how to rent a car that I can take on the ring and autoban. I just want to go fast! I am not sure if I should take my new car to top speed on a new motor? Please, does anybody know the answers to my questions.

Mini658 guest

I was in germany last year to do the ring, and maybe I can help.

First you can't take a rental car on the ring. If you do, you will be charged for brakes and tires. The rental companies have spotters and pay bounties to anyone who sees their cars on the ring. Also, rental cars are not insured on the ring.

You can rent a car specifically for ring use. There are a number of place to check out, I used www.rent-racecar.de The owner was very nice and he has several cars to choose from and is located close to the ring. It had rained in the morning that we went to the ring and he took us out for a couple laps before he gave us the car to show us the slippery spots. He then gave us the keys and lets have the car. It was a blast!

Jonathan Spira guest

You should probably contact Hammerwerfer on Bimmerfest. He lives on the Nordschleife.