Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

How to price a custom 2002?

Discussion in '114 type 1600, 2002, 2002ti/tii (1967-1976)' started by wolke9, Apr 4, 2009.

wolke9 guest

How do I price a custom 2002? Seriously thinking about selling it and I know the market states it's esentially worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I can't really price it against others on the market because quite a lot has been done to it. . .I guess figure in parts, condition, uniqueness, and history?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Selling the baby

You got it right the first time: A thing is worth exactly what somebody else will pay for it!

Presentation-both actually detailing of the car and in how you present it on the market-can affect the sale. The beauty of eBay is that it rewards good copywriting. When selling a special BMW, I believe, you're really selling a certain spirit of adventure.

Good luck and good hunting!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Selling the baby

You got it right the first time: A thing is worth exactly what somebody else will pay for it!

Presentation-both actually detailing of the car and in how you present it on the market-can affect the sale. The beauty of eBay is that it rewards good copywriting. When selling a special BMW, I believe, you're really selling a certain spirit of adventure. And in the case of customized cars, you have to find a like-minded soul. I know of a certain Z4, for instance, with flames that make it darn near saleproof.

Good luck and good hunting!