Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hot and COLD

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by 174626, Sep 1, 2020.

My A/C blows FREEZING COLD air from the passenger side vents, and HOT air from the drivers vents.
    All vents have great flow with no obstructions seen/felt. I've cycled through every imaginable hot/cold setting to include varying vents and recirc.

I surmise it's the 64119321034 actuator/servo motor. What say the experts ?

2011 E92 45k miles
    ALSO, how do I find good non-dealer repair shop in S. Florida? I'm new here.

Anyone?
    Bueller..........
    Bueller

charlson89

I’m always late to the party. First thing would be to make sure your a/c system is fully charged. Could be a issue with your blend door but I would run faults and do a sweep test to see if the motor is the issue or the module called IHKA.

Thanks for taking the time. Seeing that it’s FREEZING COLD on the right side and Hot on the left, could this be low refrigerant? Can I do those “checks” with one of those at home computer compatible systems? To check that IHKA?

I’m new to South Florida, and have tried to no avail to find a descent BMW “shop”. (No dealer)

I attached an A/C recharge hose to the low pressure connector. Started the car and the first thing I noticed was my system is "FILLED". That and the fact that the Air blowing through the RIGHT side of the car is Nice and FREEZING cold, leads me to believe its the blend door(Left). Thoughts?

charlson89

You would need a computer system that can communicate with the IHKA module that controls climate control in the vehicle. Once in the module you can watch status of the blend door for the driver side and adjust the temp and see if it moves properly. You can also swap the stepper motors from driver to passenger side and address them through the software and see if the problem follows to the passenger side. If it does then you have a issue with stepper motor. Also using a store bought quick a/c charge system will not be accurate enough to know if the amount of refrigerant in the circuit is correct. Those gauges only use system pressure to say when its full. You would have to draw the system off and measure the weight of the refrigerant removed and compare to spec. Hope this helps point you in a direction.