Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hi.. From Northern CA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by viswaa, Apr 8, 2008.

viswaa guest

Hello all!
    New to site and just starting to enjoy my first BMW- Z4 3.0si Coupe (what a blast to drive!!). I live in Sunnyvale,CA and looking forward to meet fellow owners in and around the area.
    I traded in an '01 Modified Honda Civic for an '08 Z4, and I have to say that I love it...

morea3ic guest

It's been too long in coming - but I'd like to say welcome!

Congrats on the car upgrade . . . .

Come on back & jump on in . . . .

Dr Obnxs guest

I"m in Woodside...

if you see a red Mini with the licence Dr Obnxs, that's me. I live up by Alice's Restaurant at 84 and 35..... If you're ever up there on Thursday nights for the live music (7-9 pm), I'm the one with the 3 year old girl that tips with $1 dollar bills and dances in front of the musicians.....

Matt

viswaa guest

Hi All,

Glad to see your response. Hey Matt I usually drive around that 84 and 35 route but prity late in the night.. Will stop by one thursday at Alice restaurant.. Do you guys know any race circuit I can drive for fun?

Vish

Dr Obnxs guest

There are tons of fun drives for recreational driving,

84 going west of skyline has some of the best S turns anywhere. You can see them for along way so it's very difficult to overdrive your sight lines. When you get down the hill a bit take the left onto Pescadero Rd, much less travelled for sure. Don't hammer the roads till you know them, there are a lot of sharp turns that aren't well marked, and some nice little towns you shouldn't blast through.

Stay off of Tunitas Creak Rd. Surface sucks big time! Kings mountain and Old La Honda are more for bikes (the ones with pedals). Page Mill from 280 to Skyline is a gas for sure.
    Really, there are too many to list. But be warned that at the start of the driving season, enforcement is up, and that most of the accidents are served by volenteer fire departments (at least over the hill). Every weekend I hear the sirens of the emergency vehicles scraping some MC rider, bicyclist or sports car nut up off the asphalt or off of a tree. Treat the roads with respect and caution.

Also, there are some one way controls on 84 a bit before La Honda (between the summit and the beach) watch out for them as they come up fast. They are finally fixing a never ending land slide.

As 84 winds out to 1 at San Gregorio, the turns open up, and the surface is good. If you're not watching things you can get going seriously fast. Just keep it all in perspective and don't forget you're on public streets.

Skyline from Hwy 9 to 92 is a blast as well, some very, very excellent views, both towards the bay and to the ocean. Also, for the lazy afternoon ride on the weekend, there's always a stop at the Fogerty Winery. Just don't get hammered. But the tasting room has some of the best views of the bay anywhere on the Peninsula.

For real high speed driving, go to Thunderhill, Infineon or Laguna Seca. Can't beat any of them!

Matt