Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Help With OEM Alarm Install

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by 106598, Jul 17, 2015.

No instructions with the 65-12-0-403-658. Going into my prewired 2008 E92 M3 Coupe' with power sliding sunroof. Finally pried the dome light assembly down but nothing looks like BMW's illustrations. There is a black plate with several mini star screws. Question: do I remove these screws and plate and underneath will be room and wire plug for the alarm microprocessor?(65-75-9-149-671). Also interesting is that I have a hood switch in the micro-filter cover on the LH side. Not sure if it is 3-position switch like the one in the alarm kit(61-31-8-352-229)? I'm wondering if the car may already have an alarm and previous owner either: pulled power fuse or altered it in the I-Drive settings? Is the later possible? If so, how can I get to it in the I-Drive? I've tried but no go. Where are the fuses located?
    Any help appreciated!
    Thank You!
    John M. Coates, Jr.
    BMWCCA Member #106598
    fahrenm3@aol.com
    985-285-0973

Attached Files:

charlson89

Can you please take a picture of the plate your asking about? Also you can use the online BMW vin decoder to see if your vehicle already has an alarm. If you don't once the alarm is installed you will need to have the vehicle coded for the alarm system.

Hi charlson89! I am shown to have pre-wire for OEM alarm. Code S5GAA is listed per my VIN. See attached. Could ultrasonic 8-pin socket be somewhere other then what bulletin showed? My production month/year is: 12/2007.

Attached Files:

charlson89

You have the correct info for the repair instructions so the plug should be hidden up in the headliner. Can you not find the connector?

Update,
    I have it figured out! There are (2) roof liner dome lights in the E92 M3 coupe'. I mistakenly pried down the front dome light assembly forward of the sunroof. Wrong. It is the rear dome light assembly that houses the 8-pin connector and the tight space for the ultrasonic module. It took only 5 minutes to do it! Removed the LH rear wheel arch cover and installed the siren and brackets. Beacon below the rear view mirror started blinking immediately (20) times then went on a normal mode of 1 blink every (3) seconds. No churping or noise from siren. So, I guess I will have to have the BMW dealership or approved independent shop to have the OEM alarm system coded to the vehicle.
    Thank You!
    John
    **PS - the alarm kit included a 3-pole hood switch and my M3 already has a hood switch in place with (2) visible wires running to it. Question: how many poles does the switch presently fitted on the M3 have and is (2) wires correct to run the alarm? I didn't disconnect the factory supplied switch current on the car yet to verify either (2) or (3) pole. Alarm parts list calls out specifically (3) pole hood switch. Just asking.

charlson89

Congrats glad it all worked out for you!