Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

HELP? Rear Seat DVD and Back Up Camera

Discussion in 'E70 X5 (2007-2013)' started by boobite, Jul 7, 2009.

boobite guest

Hi All,

I am a new fully loaded '09 4.8i X5 owner and loving it so far despite a couple disappointments in the technology arena.

For one, I have NO control over the Rear Seat Entertainment System which seems to be completely separate from the Front Entertainment System (6 disc DVD Changer in glove box and Aux/IPOD Integration in center console). I can't even get my ipod to plug in any of the 5 back input jacks for my kids to play music or movies! Am I missing something big here??? Why is there a 6 disc DVD changer in the front when you can only watch a movie when you are not driving?

Also, does anyone else have a gripe about how the back up camera shows much of the back bumper but very little of the street I am actually backing up into? Is there any way to angle the camera up a bit? And is there any way to get rid of the huge grey-ish warning sign that shows up at the top of the screen and literally blocks all view when you are backing up??? Why isn't this warning sign in any of the pictures illustrating the back up camera in the X5 brochure?

Please help if you have any input here. Thanks!