Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Help looking at an E39 in Vancouver, WA - NJ Chapter Member

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Aubergine, Mar 17, 2018.

Aubergine

I was hoping you could help me with a bit of a mission I am on. There is a manual E39 528i located in Vancouver, WA that I am looking at purchasing and driving across the country (I live in Jersey City, NJ). The car is in rough condition and I know it would need a cooling system overhaul and brakes before I could get underway. Would anyone be able to possibly have look at the car on my behalf?
    I realize this is somewhat unorthodox however I have been looking for a manual E39 in this colour combination for years now with no success. I simply want to make sure the car is not rusty, doesn't have a blown head gasket, and with some work will make it across the country
    Thanks in advance,
    Wade

MGarrison

If you don't get any replies here try the contacts on the Puget Sound chapter website, maybe they'll be able to help or refer you to someone -

https://bmwpugetsound.com/

Aubergine

Thanks! I actually have emailed with Steve, President if the Puget Sound Chapter. He suggested the Oregon Chapter because of the car’s location. I have not been able to get a response from anyone in that chapter though. Hence my reaching out here.

Thanks,
    Wade