Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Help - Dealership willing to do ED on M2?

Discussion in 'European Delivery' started by AuggieM3, Jun 20, 2017.

AuggieM3

Hi folks - I've been looking for a dealership willing to allow for a European Delivery on an M2. My local dealers are taking deposits for the car but will only provide a US delivery (either Performance Center or dealership) due to BMW playing with allocations on the M2 if the car is delivered in Germany.

With the option to re-deliver in Spartanburg, I'm geographically agnostic to the dealership. Anywhere in the US is fine.

Can someone provide the name or contact info for a dealership willing to sell the car via the ED program? I'm not looking to skirt a waitlist but I promised myself a European Delivery on my next BMW - the natural progression after a dealership delivery of my e46 M3 and a PCD on my e92 M3.

Thanks for the help!
    -Larry

mcompact

Hi Larry,
    I work at a BMW dealership; I'm off today but I will check tomorrow and get back with you.
    Bailey

mcompact

Larry,
    We currently don't have an open allocation. If something changes I'll let you know.

Bailey

MGarrison

I don't know the ins & outs of how all that works with dealers - might take some time & lots of phone calls, but -

do a google search to try to find the largest volume BMW dealers and/or which dealers sell the most M cars; try different combinations of search terms, it may take some digging. If you can find industry sites that report such data, assuming there are such reports to be found, that might be a good start on leads.

Otherwise, try to google up a list of dealers in the largest metropolitan areas - if there are allocations involved, presumably the biggest sellers would have the most allocations, which _maybe_ might mean there would be more of a chance to find an M2 for ed. I wouldn't know, but I would speculate the smallest/lowest volume dealers might sell so few M cars there's no allotment at all by BMW NA for them when something like an M2 is in high demand - but, maybe not and such dealers might have an M2 that nobody local is snaggin' up - I don't know! Somewhere along the chain of dealers there, the allocations, assuming that's what's going on, would go up, although it's anybody's guess what area or type of area with dealer(s) might have a gap between allotment and demand for you to get your ed M2.

Seems like it shouldn't have to be that hard!

nd4spdlsc

This is an old thread, but I'm curious if anyone knows if dealers are now willing to arrange European Delivery for M2 Comps or the M2 CS. The ED program is supposed to knock a bit off the price of the car but dealers have been generally unwilling to accept the loss. Does anyone have experience otherwise?