Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by kaseay, Nov 30, 2011.

kaseay

I'm new to this forum, although I have been a BMW CCA member for half a dozen years. I live in Annapolis, MD and own a 2009 750li and a 2007 328xi Sport wagon. I recently sold my 2006 750li to acquire the 2009. I am not so sure I like the newer car as well. I am real leary of the run flat tires, but I think I will pull the trigger on run flat snow tires being offered as a program special. The tires are Pirelli Sotto Zero and come mounted on BMW 19" alloy wheels. The price is far more attractive than buying new non run flat all seasons. (Anyway, I do not want to ramble.)

MGarrison

Welcome to the forums!

TeamStowell We love driving!

Ramble away, and welcome to the group! I am a big fan of snow tires, and in combination with sensible driving we have not run into any trouble with our fleet in the snow.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Indeed, run-flats are getting better and better! And Scott's correct about true snow tires; muuuuch better than "no-season" tires! What are the other differences you see between the 2009 and the 2006? Is the 2009 the F01?

TeamStowell We love driving!

OK, I may have run into the first negative result of using snow tires. I just put a set of 14" snows mounted on used steel wheels on the 325iX, and am being mercilessly mocked at work. I'm waiting for the stupid nick-names to start and fear someone will come up with Tiny Tires Stowell or some other nonsense!

MGarrison

Your choice will prove itself out - you will be able to laugh at your coworkers for not being able to get into work, skidding out, not being able to retrieve basic supplies in abysmal conditions, and so on. Challenge your co-workers to a winter auto-x. The ones who have 4wd might stand a chance.