Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello there

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by preich1978, Feb 18, 2022.

preich1978

Hi folks,

Just another intro post. I've been a longtime fan of BMWs. While in the UK I had:
    - 2006 Z4MC (bought new, sold in 2016)
    - 2011 E91 320d (bought new, sold in 2016)
    - 1982 E30 M3 (still own it)

Since moving to the US in 2016 I kept away from BMWs while dealing with other priorities (house, furniture, schools, etc.) so it wasn't until last year that I decided I had sorted everything else out and it was time for me to get a fun car again, so in September I ordered a G23 M440i xDrive that was delivered to me 3 weeks ago. Very happy with it.

I have also decided that it is time to ship my E30 over. It is a German-spec car, sold in 1982 to a US service person stationed over there. It was used as a daily driver covering around 7500km/year and in 1990 someone I know bought it from him and moved it to the UK. I got it in 2009 and since then it has been driven far less often, especially since 2016 when it has been stored at my in-laws place and driven mostly by me when I'm over. It has just over 200,000km, is in great mechanical shape, bodywork is in very good condition (not concours, but great). If I'm lucky I'll have it stateside by July and hopefully will get a chance to take it to one of the HPDE planned by the Boston chapter.

Other than that, I'm interested in getting a modern M-car. I tried, unsuccessfully, to get a M5 CS but that just wasn't for me, so now I'm watching this space to see what will come out of Bavaria in the coming months.

I also see an iX in my future to replace the current non-BMW SUV.

I'm making the trip down to the MX1 event in April. Looking forward to meeting some club members then and get a decent amount of miles on my G23.