Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello from Texas!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Gina501, Apr 16, 2008.

Gina501 guest

Hello everyone. I am very excited to be here.

I leased my first BMW in 2002. It was a 325i. In 2004 I traded it in for the new X3. In 2006 I got a new 325i. It is the first one I have owned so I am now looking forward to modifications. Haven't been able to do that on the leases.

I wish I could have afforded a 335i but it just didn't happen. I am hoping you will all tell me the great things I can do to this BMW. I am looking forward to any and all suggestions!

P.S. ---> My husband bought a certified 2004 325i convertible in 2006. It was gorgeous. This year he traded it for a new Infiniti G35 coupe. He has had nothing but problems since. Looks like we're heading for the lemon law. He is SO sorry he got rid of that BMW.... nothing compares!

niemibl guest

Hi Gina,
    And Welcome!
    I am in Houston. It looks like you and your husband really like the 325i, after having three of them. A friend of mine has a 2007 G35 and so far she had not had any problems with it.
    Good luck with your modifications.
    Happy Motoring.

Bimmerdan

Welcome!! I'm from Houston also!

Gina, where in Texas are you?

Gina501 guest

Hello! I am in Houston also. Clear Lake actually.

How's that new 1 series??? I am DROOLING!

Bimmerdan

It's absolutely amazing. It just does everything so well. It's quiet, it's smooth, it's comfortable and it's insanely fast! I LOVE IT!

Have you been out to any Houston Chapter events yet?

Gina501 guest

I have not. Believe it or not, I just joined BMWCCA today for the first time. But I am looking forward to going.

Oh and I am soooooo jealous! Good luck with the new car!:D

Bimmerdan

Wow! That's great! Welcome to the club, you're going to love it!

The local website is www.houston-bmwcca.com so be sure to check it out to see what's going on. The Houston Chapter is pretty good sized, there are about 1200 members in the Houston area and we always have something going on. There are Saturday morning coffee meetings once a month, there's usually an autocross or a drive every month, there are various social events going on...it's definitely worth looking into.

This weekend is the annual Car Control School at the Houston Police Academy. Stop by and say hi if you can (heck, if you're bored, we'll even put you to work!).

Glad to have you in the club!! I look forward to meeting you!

Gina501 guest

Thanks, Dan, very much. I am looking forward to it! I'm sure I'll meet you out there soon.

Now...if we could just do something about my huband's G35........ :eek:

Bimmerdan

I'll bet you could find a BMW dealer willing to take that Infiniti in on a trade-in....:D

fjgoodall guest

Hi Gina. I'm a new Texan also. I have a 2005 325i.

Gina501 guest

Hello fjgoodall. Where in Texas are you? I'm in the Houston area. Been here almost 3 years. Moved from NYC.

fjgoodall guest

I'm a born and raised Houstonian

Bimmerdan

Just to let you know... some Houston Chapter members are meeting for coffee this Saturday at 9:00 AM. It's a perfect opportunity for new members to come out and say hi! We do it once a month and it moves around every other month. This Saturday it's at Dunn Brothers Coffee at Eldridge and Briar Forest. If you're not busy, stop by for a cup of coffee and say hello. I'll be there for sure (I need my coffee!!).

Here's a link to the chapter calendar if you haven't seen it yet...

www.houston-bmwcca.com/calendar.html

Gina501 guest

Hi Bimmerdan. Sorry I missed the coffee. I was away this weekend and just saw your post. I'll be at the next one for sure.

Bimmerdan

We had a really great turnout, must have had 35+ people there at one point! Great coffee, plenty of parking and lots of room inside. We'll be going back to the same place again next month, it's Dunn Brothers Coffee on Dairy Ashford, just off of Eldridge. Hope to see you there! Same goes for anybody that can make it!