Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

headlights

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by 06red330i, Aug 1, 2009.

06red330i

I have a 99 328i and this morning i was in my garage and to my dismay the headlights, taillights and dash lights came on. They continued to flash on and off until i turn the light switch to "headlights on" then turn them off. That keeps them off for a while but they will eventually do it again. Is the Light Control Module bad ?? any one else had this problem.
    Bob

Bimmerdan

Do you have an alarm or keyless entry that may be causing the lights to flash? Did it just do it by itself?

06red330i

They turned on by themselves, I didnt even have the keys with me. I have figured out the only way i can keep them not to this is to have they light switch in the off position and push the bright light switch to the on position. I did have to work the bright light switch to get the lights to work right Saturday evening, But they workrd fine this a.m. on the way to work.
    Yesterday while the car was parked in my garage with the light switch off and the bright light switch on, nothing was happening but for the heck of it i put the bright light switch back in the off position and the lights started to flash until i pushed the bright light switch back to the on position.
    Bob.

06red330i

I E-mailed Mike Miller And He Says Its Probably Just The Light Switch Assembly.

Bimmerdan

Your car's name isn't 'Christine' by any chance...is it?

M3Driver guest

If the radio starts playing fifties do-wop music on it's own, get outta there....:D