Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Headlight problem in off ("0") position

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Letsgo, Aug 24, 2008.

Letsgo guest

I just noticed that my headlights stay on when I have my lamp switch in the off ("0") position with the car on. Is this a malfunction, or is there another button that I am overlooking that I can switch the headlights off completely while driving during the day? This is a 2007 328i Certified Pre-Owned car that I bought recently.

Bernie Kraemer guest

Letsgo, sounds like you have the Daytime Running Lights "ON". You can activate/deactivate this feature yourself. If you have the iDrive Controller, press it, go to Settings, and find "Vehicle/Tires". Select that and go to "Lighting". There you are: Un-check

Letsgo guest

Thank you so much! This is my first BMW. What an easy thing to fix.

Bernie Kraemer guest

Your first? Congratulations! But then get yourself a nice beverage and read the dang owners manual at least once. Will make it so much easier with all the other BMWs you will own from now onward :)

Letsgo guest

Yup. You took me right to the problem on how to correct it. It is fixed. I read that huge owners manual from front to back when I first bought the car, but I missed that fancy light thing. Hey - I'm a girl. I just came off of ownership of a Maxima, and realizing I didn't just buy a BMW; I bought a transformer! I'm having a lot of fun getting to know the car, and getting use to the special treatment by my BMW dealership of ownership. Thanks again.

Bernie Kraemer guest

Great you joined the BMWCCA right away! Here's another fun thing regarding your above question, in case you have the Voice Command feature (button on the steering wheel): Press the button and say "Lighting". It will magically take you straight to the right screen on the Information Display... Bernie