Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Happy New Year

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by Touring525i4dawgs, Jan 1, 2018.

Touring525i4dawgs '02 525it M sport

Happy New Year to all the E 39 owners. Been a great year for our 525i Sport Touring! Car is performing great! With any luck we will be adding an E46 coupe in about a month. The great thing it's the same color as the touring! So have a great New Years!

charlson89

Thanks hope your new year was good!

MGarrison

I'm not an E39 owner, so I don't rate ;) :p :D Happy New Year's anyway! :D :D :D

You rate Mr. Garrison. I always appreciate your thoughts on my questions. so Cheers to you!
    MGarrison likes this.

MGarrison

I shoulda mentioned I was tempted by an E39 once, there was a really pretty local one for sale, metallic burgundy, tan interior, wood trim, those cool wheels that were either two-piece or looked like it with the bolts around the outer rim edge, sport seats, manual trans - 540i. With the steering wheel that adjusted length-wise, I even fit in it and was able to get in a good driving position. Same motor as the E38 my mom had though, & just couldn't justify the prospect of dealing with the motor's inevitable issues - more than I wanted to think about dealing with at the time! :) Hmm... you need about 300hp in a car that size just so it can get out of it's own way... S38B38 swap maybe... 300hp NA, no turbos... no vanos... no V8 issues... of course, then you end up with a Frankensteinian $20k motor in maybe a $4k chassis - not like S38B38's are just floatin' around either lol :D
    Touring525i4dawgs likes this.

Well I'm a NY minute from buying an E46 325i coupe! It's actually same color as the touring. This car looks awesome and I so want it as a daily driver. This will be my first sight unseen purchase. The local Minnesota chapter recommended a shop for pre-inspection. So did the insurance thing today and that went great! Hopefully I will be cruising to work in this bad boy very soon!