Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Greg Fowks Introduction

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by gfowks, Jul 31, 2013.

gfowks

....I hope this is the right place to do this; if not please forgive as I just joined today.

I was in the August 2012 BMW Gallery/Dinan event at NHMS and had a blast (yet at the end I realized how little I knew about my driving and my car). A year later, I've just come back from the 2013 event (July 29, 2013 NHMS) and realize that I know even know less now than a year ago! I am not a young guy and are picking this up in my late 50's - but I had a blast...what a rush. I am looking to be a good driver and eager to learn. If any of you were at NHMS this past Monday I was the guy in "B" group driving Blue 04 330Ci Zhp.....shucks somebody has to tow the line for the 330 and it might as well be me. Please fogive if I misunderstand what this post is suppose to be but I have joined as a member and this is my intro - hope to meet some of you in future.
    Best Regards to all,
    Greg
    mrsbee likes this.

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Greg:

This IS the right place an you are among friends here!

I'm a 50-something dude as well (seems to be the thick part of the CCA demographic, with a 20-something lady or two thrown in to spice things up), and I have just run my first ever track event in an e46 325i Touring shifter-wagon at Watkins Glen. The instructors tell me I did pretty well, but no one has to tell me that it was a ball. We are holding the flag for the e46 as a first timer track- chariot!

kgmoodyz4

Welcome to the group!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! And don't think you're coming late to this party, ya young whippersnapper!

charlson89

Welcome to the club.

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums!

mrsbee guest

For all intensive purposes, sometimes I wish I had a few more years under my belt in the experience department. Revel in your age and wisdom - it might just keep you out of trouble.