Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Greetings from Washington State

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Kudera, Feb 8, 2012.

Kudera

Hi Everyone,

My name is Roxanne. I bought my first BMW a little over a year ago. He is a 2003 325xi in Orient Blue Metallic. I just love him to death.
    We just made the long move up from Arizona to Washington State. If you’re wondering I moved up here because I prefer the cooler wet weather to the never ending heat and sun.

I look forward to meeting everyone and enjoy the presence of others who adore their cars as much as I do :rolleyes:

MGarrison

Welcome to the club, forums, and BMW's! I hope your club membership is as much fun for you as it has been for me!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! I just drove through your new state, north and south, on my way to a rally in BC, and I must say, now I remember why I moved to San Diego!

Kudera

Thanks for such a warm welcome! I am truly enjoying my membership so far. It has been well worth it.

"Welcome to the asylum!"
    Thanks Satch... should I park my boy in a padded room or is there another place you put the newbies:D

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Around here, ALL the rooms are padded. . . for obvious reasons!

brucembergeron

Interesting how woman refer to their cars "him" and men as "her". Wonder why that is.......

Satch SoSoCalifortified

You bring up an interesting thread regarding the anthropomorphizing of mechanical things. I seem to have come up with pet references to cars, but rarely named them. (My brother got me started when he called his '54 DeSoto "Lorenzo The Magnificent"). I have a pile of license plates which identified various cars—SMEGMA is a favorite—and right now mi esposa has TWUBBL on her twin turbo. . . I suspect because she is really looking forward to asking, "Offissuh, am I in TWUBBL?" But except for Ol' Blue the pickup truck, I can't remember assigning names or gender to my cars. (My favorite plates: on my rally car: WAY L8. On its identical twin:
    EVN L8R.)

brucembergeron

Geez Satch, you sure know how to make a guy feel inadequate. I just refer to my car as "it". I guess I have to put more thought into the situation. Help me out here, I can' t figure out what SMEGMA" stands for. How about a hint..... By the way, my wife kills me at Wheel of Fortune too.

MGarrison

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

Welcome! Photos?

I was amused by the "he" reference also. Understandable though. My E90 is a "he" and my 996 is a "she" - it all comes down to personality. ;)

Kudera

It's just a force of habit that I call my car him. I don't even think about it. That’s just how it comes out Lol I attached a few pics for you guys. Was trying to load them on photobucket first but my computer wasn’t cooperating. I hope they come through ok if not I'll redue them when I'm not a better computer. The last one is from yesterday from my window at work. It was snowing for a good part of the morning. Had 2 inches at home when I left.

2012-02-04_13[1].08.19.jpg

2012-02-04_13[1].09.01.jpg

2012-03-13_08[1].53.28.jpg

Nice looking car!

Hard to think of snow - it was 83F today here in NC and I just ate dinner out on the patio. :)

Kudera

Just last week it was 63F (heat wave for us) I got to enjoy a nice sunny drive home. Its been raining, snowing, and slushing since then. I can't wait for my first summer here. I think the highs don't go above 80F. I don't miss the 125F weather that I had in Arizona.

Yeah, you have to be a rattlesnake to live in AZ.... my in-laws are out there. Way too hot for my liking.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Heh. It's not an acronym, it's a noun. . . got a dictionary handy?