Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Greetings from MD

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by two30grain, Dec 23, 2010.

two30grain

Hello all! Just joined but been a bimmer driver for almost 10 years now (and been wanting to be a member here for the same amount of time). I fell in love with the E46 but while I worked for that found love for the slightly more affordable E30, which I will never be without.

I have had two, a Cashmere Beige Metallic 1991 325i auto (which was totaled by some one rear ending me) and the current E30, a Schwarz Black 1990 325i 5 speed.

Since I found BMW I got lots of family and friends into it as well and they have gotten E36's, E46's, E39's, and E9x's.

Unfortunately the time of my joining here comes at inconvenient times. When I parked at work this morning I started to hear the grumbling of my fuel pump. While out to lunch, it decided to give up, and at the moment, is at a pretty unfavorable neighborhood. Thus my wife gave me the gift of membership early so that maybe I could use some of the perks of premier membership. If anyone has any tips on this, let me know.

In any case, I am glad to be here finally!

John in VA

two30grain

Thanks John!

I have a Bentley, its a great resource! I need to get a new fuel pump, but with the holidays around the corner, even next day would be a challenge.

I cant wait to take part of the National Capital Chapter!

Regards,
    Angelo

MGarrison

Welcome to the club, forums, & happy holidays! Your car may have 2 fuel pumps, the in-tank pump, and one above the fuel filter, just ahead of the driver's side rear-subframe bushing/bolt; by noise it may be obvious which has failed, but just an fyi so you can make sure you get the right part. :)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum!

And you're lucky: the NC Chapter is one of the most active (also the largest, I think) chapters in this entire outfit!