Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Greetings from CIncinnati

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by frito, Aug 25, 2014.

frito

Hi all. Long time BMWCCA member, longer time owner and first time posted. I have an '01 325i with just the bare essentials - 5spd, sport package (which has since been made even sportier), sunroof, fold down seats & ski bag and CD Player. It's pushing 185,000 mile and is as fun to drive today as it was when I first bought it new. I was always intimidated to do much more than oil changes and tire rotations as I was irrationally thinking there's something mystical about BMW's. Well, now that it's up their in age and I'm trying to save a few pennies I've decided to start doing more of the work myself. I won't be overhauling engines, trasmissions or the such but I will start doing brake jobs, etc. like I had done with previous vehicles.

Anyway, I've been browsing here and over at bimmerforums and have found some great information to help me out. Maybe one day, I may actually have some experience worth contributing.

charlson89

Welcome to the forums and glad to hear you are doing some work yourself!

MGarrison

Welcome to the forums! If you've been a member for awhile, presumably you're already on the Buckeye Chapter Facebook page & Cincy area email list for local events?

frito

Thanks! Actually I didn't know about the Chapter Facebook page. Thanks for cluing me in. I just joined the Buckeye chapter Facebook page. Is there a separate Cincy Facebook page?