Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Got laid off

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autohaus, Jan 31, 2009.

TeamStowell We love driving!

I thought he was joking!!!! I don't know whether to worry more about him creating self aware machines or for the end of the baktun/katun of the Mayan calendar in 2012. Either way I won't worry about the long term expense of a 6 year lease on a 2012 M6.

az3579

You dolt, Chris, it's not Skynet, it's Sikorsky. Get it right! :p
    Would be pretty cool to have you working there though, because I know you'll be out there cleaning your wheels at every lunch period, and that somehow I'll convince you to regularly do my wheels as well. :D

M3Driver guest

Sikorsky; they make a fine helicopter of which I have had more than a passing acquaintance; the UH-60 Blackhawk. I also have made more than a few trips to CT to the factory in the past (seems to have always been in the winter too). :rolleyes:

TeamStowell We love driving!

I still don't trust Botond not to make one of these magnificent weapons too smart.... don't spill a soft drink on the electronics or anything like that.

lcjhnsn

wasn't that a movie?

az3579

Luckily for all of you, I'm not an engineer. :D

Autohaus guest

B, if I get a interview, then I will let your skynet scheme slide so I can get a piece of the pie. However, if I don't, then I am going to get John Connor after ya :)

Autohaus guest

Update

A employer will call me around 2pm to conduct a phone interview. I have already done my research on the company and have my questions/answers armed and ready. The goal here is to nail a job interview in person. Either way I'm happy that I've started to recieve more calls lately. Its only a matter of time before I haz job and I'll be throwing a party at my house....all cca members are invited.

az3579

And a sad update: You missed out because you can't think on your feet. :mad: :rolleyes:

CRKrieger

WTF? :confused:

Autohaus guest

Glad to hear your opinion, however, she did call me around 6:15 yesterday evening.

Nuff said. Stick your S50 where your mouth is kid...

:)

az3579

Aaaaaaaand? What did she say?

Autohaus guest

She wants me to come in early Monday morning a.m. so I said, "Let me check my schedule and get back to you because I usually sleep in on Mondays".

I will shine my shoes this weekend and arrive 15 minutes early.

az3579

Hope you didn't really say that... lol

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Hang in there. . .

Please let us know how this saga shakes out. . . .

Autohaus guest

Well I did get a email from the woman who interviewed me saying that I was number two on the priority list which meant that I didn't get z job. In the past two weeks I have recieved numerous letters in snail mail saying the usual:

"While your resume is impressive, we have decided to choose another applicant for the position. We will keep your resume on file for one year if a similar position opens up. Thank you and we wish you best of luck".

I was hoping I was going to get that job as the lady was commenting on my E39 :). She told me that she too had a E39 so I though the power of the roundel would land me a job. I was kidding myself :(. Nothing out in the job market since employers are looking forward to holiday parties and the like. I figure that around March the job market should pick up a tad so hopefully I will find something by then. Good thing my wife has a great job in the medical field. It has been almost a year since I got the boot. Hard to believe!!!

az3579

I can still remember when you called me to tell me they booted you. I guess I am fortunate enough to be working in the same place that I heard the news...

So Skynet hasn't called you I assume?

Autohaus guest

Funny that you've asked that. Just the other day a large man knocked on my door asking if I was John Connor :confused:.

I told him no.

az3579

Hmm, I think I know what that was...
    Nevermind...
    :D

Autohaus guest

Even with no jizzab, I am thankful. There are other people/families who are in far worse condition than we are. I was reading an article online that many Santa's are hearing sad stories from children. They are asking for clothes and shelter instead of toys and game systems. They are asking for their parents to get their jobs/homes back as well. I'm still thankful that we still have our house, my better 1/2 haz a great job and we have the bimmers!

I do blame myself for one thing, though. My GPA in college was a 2.90. In order to get a gov't job (CIA, FBI, SEC, etc...), you need to have a GPA of at least 3.0 or higher. Do you know how many opportunities past me by because of me goofing off in college :mad:. Last month I even applied to Fed-Ex to be a driver to help out during the holidays and even a drivers helper but I was told that I didn't have "6 months experience of driving a large vehicle". I emailed the recruiter back telling her that the ad did state that a CDL is not required and that I have been driving since 1994 :rolleyes:. She told me that I didn't meet the requirements still. Oh yeah, the ad did say that a HS degree or a GED would be required. I should have told her that I drove JZ around NYC in his MB Maybach.

I need opinions here CCA members who care to chime in:

It wouldn't have taken me long to learn how to drive a large non CDL required vehicle. I mean, I'm a pretty smart guy here. After all, I did manage to graduate from college (ok, it took me ten years!!!! but that was because I was going in and out of college). Should Fed-Ex still have given me a chance here?