Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Goldfinger gets local!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MGarrison, Oct 28, 2010.

MGarrison

Well, that's kinda cool - the guy who just bought the original Goldfinger Aston Martin DB5 is local, so maybe it'll be on display or at a local car show. Nice!

granthr

He paid dearly for that car, 2.6m pounds or something like that. He was then going to drive it around London. So when you do finally see it, it will probably have some door dings and a crumpled fender. ;)

Do let us know if you see it and if it actually can eject the passenger and leave a slick of oil! :D

M3Driver guest

I had one of those toy cars that were based on them that were made in the sixties and was so popular. At that time all that 'secret agent' stuff was really popular with kids.

I also had a "Secret Sam" and a "Johnny Seven OMA". Anybody that remembers those toys just dated themself.:D

Looking on Ebay for those and seeing the cost of those that still survive makes me cringe. :eek:

MGarrison

The news here said $4.1 million... I guess you could get maybe 10 new Rolls-Royce's for that....

Zeichen311

...or just one or two, and a helluva nice house & garage to park them in. :)

granthr

I was quoting British Pounds, I read it on the BBC. :)

MGarrison

Yeah, I know you were - ;) I know the difference between £ & $, and am generally aware of the exchange rate :)