Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Getting old?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by kgmoodyz4, Jan 28, 2012.

kgmoodyz4

I recently bought a 1997 BMW Z3 to replace my Harley Road King. I guess it is more comfortable and dryer and warmer depending on the weather!
    My first BMW was bought in 1979, a 1969 2002. I ran rallys and autocross for a few years until someone T-boned me at an intersection. It wasn't until 1992 that I got another BMW, a new 325i. We then moved up to a 525i. Then my wife decided an SUV was needed to transport all of the kid's stuff. (it came in handy for years!) I did manage to sneak in a 1985 5 series for awhile as an extra vehicle, then sold it to a friend in need of good transportation. (but it seems that nothing will hold up to a 16 year old that revs it up and drops it into gear)
    That brings us up to the Z3! It only had 32,000 miles on it! I must admit that it does get more use than the Harley, and my wife is happier too!
    I am looking forward to attending the 2012 Octoberfest to get in on the action. I hope to meet many of you soon.
    Gary

CRKrieger

Welcome, Gary. Hoping to see you there. A wise move going from the Hog to the BMW. ;)

MGarrison

Hey Gary, wilkommen! Check your chapter website for local doings, and we'll see ya @ O'Fest!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Yessss! As I often tell my friends who ask why I no longer ride: My motorcycle has four wheels and a whorehouse-red interior. . . .