Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

gap in music

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by steveachin, Jul 8, 2009.

steveachin guest

I have a 335i sedan with the 7 logic sound system. When I play any cd of mix music (dance music that are seamlessly blended fron one song to another) there is a gap between the songs. Does anyone know why this happen and if there is a cure. I had a 330i sedan with the harmon kardon system before and never had that problem. The dealer cannot explain why?

az3579

Are you talking about the same exact CD that you tried in your 330i? Not a burned copy?
    Sometimes a copy of a CD can leave the tracks with gaps in them.

steveachin guest

The cd's are all from the record companies. Non are copies of originald. yes i have tried them all in my 330i sedan and even my '06 maxima. They play without interruptions right through to the end.

az3579

The only other troubleshooting step I could think of then would be to see if the dealer would allow you to try the CD in one of their showroom cars, or pre-owned cars of the same model with Logic 7. If it still skips, then it's by design of the entertainment system in your car and there probably isn't anything that can be done about it, unless there's a relevant software update.

steveachin guest

Ok. Thanks for all your help and advice. I will pass by the showroom and see the sales person. The only thing is that the service dept and showroom are in different places. But thanks for your help and suggestions

az3579

Sorry I couldn't help further. I know it's frustrating as I had to deal with that when I still used CD's, but this is the only way I know of to see if it's your unit that's defective or if it's a design flaw in the system across the board.

Good luck!

And P.S. - might I suggest an iPod? It's soooooo worth it. :D