Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

First post: My 2003 BMW 330i Performance Package

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by KrisL, Feb 24, 2008.

KrisL guest

mjweimer

My first post

My first post to the E46 area and a couple of pics of my rides.

2001 325iT - manual trans - sport package - xenons - HK sound - Misc suspension mods

2005 330CiC - manual trans - ZHP - xenons - HK sound - Navigation - Individual color

Attached Files:

walt_phillips guest

My 330Ci ZHP

Here's my 2005 330Ci ZHP. I got the Kumho's for BMWCCA and SCCA autocrossing...loads of fun!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

KrisL guest

Very nice. I had a set of Kumho V710s on Kosei K1s for autocrossing until I became the local autocross coordinator - then I didn't have time to swap tires. Since I've gone back to street tires, I think I've become a better driver.

[IMG]

VioletM3 guest

Lowered wagon is hot!

Here's my 02 M3, individual exterior color Tourmaline Violet Metallic, OEM CSL boot lid, Eibach springs, Borla exhaust and midpipe, ZCP wheels, and other misc tidbits:

[IMG]

[IMG]

mjweimer

Very nice!

The ZCP wheels and the slightly tucked stance via the Eibachs really give your car a good look.

I will hopefully get better pics of the 'vert once the weather warms up some.

Matt

330indy1

Have you ZHP guys had to deal with the cam rattle?

There are some good tidbits on this issue in the latest Bimmer mag. -- e36/e46 Market Update from Mike Miller.

treadwm guest

My 2003 M3 w/ 22k mi. I picked it up in NY just last week.

100_2337sm.JPG

ZHPMark guest

Beautiful car...I have the same car in Jet Black, but the Mystic is BAD.

treadwm guest

Thanks! That's actually Jet Black also. The previous owner babied it beyond belief.

bimmerque

brosher

A real beauty. I was drooling over all your pics on your page a few weeks ago.

nopcbs

Nice...I see that you have painted...

...grill inserts. I bought a pair for my E46, too, but one look at how they are mounted made me worry about breaking something taking the old ones out and putting the new ones in.

How did you do it?

- George

KrisL guest

I pulled the tabs inward, popped the old ones out, popped the new ones in. I didn't put much thought into it :).

speedsnice

I am a new member, here is my contributions. My 2003 BMW 325i ZSP, 2005 Subaru WRX STi and my 2007 Raven Yamaha R1.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

cwemely guest

My new (Pre-owned) 2004 330i ZHP

Hi Kris and All!

I just got my first BMW about three weeks ago. A 2004 E46 330i ZHP in jet black. As Kris already knows, I have been adding extras already including OEM Alarm, Custom V-1 Concealed Display, Intravee II with Alpine KCA-420i and TUA-T020XM units, and an OEM Euro First Aid Kit and storage box. I am having a blast!

More to come!

Here are some pics!

[IMG]

[IMG]

KrisL guest

I just had a 3.46 differential installed in my car today. Awesome mod :).

cwemely guest

What advantage does the 3.46 differential have for the ZHP?

Chip

KrisL guest

Same advantage it'd have for any car :). A 'shorter' final drive ratio means more torque at the rear wheels (since gears multiply torque) via a higher RPM for any given speed.

It brings a redline-limited top speed from 194 to 172 (of course, the car is drag limited and wouldn't reach either of those speeds).

It will decrease your gas mileage a bit.

Here's a comparison spreadsheet I made with the ZHP 6 speed ratios and tire sizes pre-populated. Stock 3.07 diff on the left and a 3.46 on the right:

http://www.linquist.net/temp/gearcalc-zhp.xls

cwemely guest

This worksheet is cool! I actually have the Steptronic automatic in my ZHP. Will the 3.46 differential have the same effect? Is this an expensive mod?

Thanks!