Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

First BMW -

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by j_16_435i, Sep 6, 2019.

j_16_435i

My name is James and I look forward to many miles and years of mostly positive DIY experience.

I'm in NoVa and driving my first BMW. Actually it's the first (and only) BMW that I have driven. Pretty happy so far.

2016 435i X drive. Seems to be a base model, but has the adaptive headlights and HK audio.

Any tips and resources for newbies - regarding everything simple and potentially not-so-simple? I have a fair amount of mobile audio experience and would like to significantly improve the quality and quantity of the music and audio system in my daily driver. I'd also like to update intake, exhaust, and well - I'll see what looks like fun.

Have a great weekend!
    - James
    • Technical Service Advisor

charlson89

Welcome James and congrats. BMW makes a power and sound kit for you car if you're looking for some more sport in the car. As for the intake lots of manufactures from DINAN to AFE. Just keep the filter dry no oil. Can cause issues with the MAF sensor. Music system depends on where you wanna go with it. I know bavsound.com makes some good products for BMW. I'm no expert on sound though.