Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

First BMW and new member Hou. TX

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Wanderlustbob, Mar 27, 2009.

Wanderlustbob guest

Hi, I just bought my first BMW last night a 335i convertible. My first new car ever was a Toyota and since that car I have owned two other Toyotas so this is my first venture in German engineering.

Growing up I had an Uncle in Germany who had a BMW and I remember loving riding with him. My last car was a Solara soft top convertible and I do not think I will ever own a non-convertible again. So the 335 has been my dream car for about the last year. I feel silly but I have been reading the manual, and looking online and put a lot of research into picking this car. I love its sport mode and its 0-60 time and that all influenced the decision as well.

I am looking forward to participating in the Club and enjoying the networking it brings.

Lonestar5

Congratulations on the car and welcome to BMW ownership. That is a great car for your first BMW.
    In what part of Houston are you?
    The weather here is not the best today but the weekend sounds perfect for top-down driving!

granthr

Welcome to the club!!! :D Congrats on your new purchase!

Wanderlustbob guest

Thanks for the replies

I live down South in League City. I am hoping you all have lots of events on the South side of H-town.

Yeah the weather has been bad but I have managed to find a few minutes of top down driving in the last two days.

Is the Houston chapter pretty active?

Bimmerdan

Welcome to the club and congrats on the car!! I'm betting you had plenty of top-down time this past weekend...the weather was absolutely perfect!

We have a very active chapter and a lot of different types of events so matter what your interest, we'll have something for you. We're having a coffee meeting in Pearland this Saturday morning so it would be a perfect time to come out and meet some of the group! You can get the details on the Houston Chapter website. Also, if you just joined the club, you'll be getting a welcome packet fairly soon (my wife is the Membership Chair :)) that gives you details on a bunch of the upcoming events. If you have any questions at all, you've come to the right place to ask.

Looking forward to meeting you!!!

gokartmozart guest

Come out to Pearland, friend. A nice bunch of car nuts we are. Welcome to the club! The weather is better this week after all! :)

PS> That bimmer of yours is a real SWEET ride, I know. The forum on bimmerfest.com is real active and lots of chatter/info/boasting on the E93 sub-forum. What with twin turbo excitement and high-pressure fuel pump concerns, they get themselves in a real tizzy! :D

Wanderlustbob guest

Cant make it to Pearland

I wish i could make it this Saturday but I am traveling for work and outside Edmonton Canada EEK COLD up here. : ( Wish I could come but will try to make the next get together. Thank you both for the welcome I really look forward to meeting people and learning more about BMW, BMWCCA and the car itself. I feel like such a novice.